School Newsletter 5th December 2016
Dear Parents and Carers,
Stars of the Week
Class Star Writer Star of the Week
Oak Ryan Alfie
Elm Francesca Amy
Chestnut William Emily
Beech Jacob Thomas
Well done to all the children who took part in the Sum Dog challenge and congratulations to James Pugh who achieved the most correct answers in school at KS1 and Syzmon Wozniak who achieved the highest score in KS2.
Thank you to Willow Class who led our whole school class worship last Friday on Advent, the children had written the worship themselves and asked us to think about giving in the festive season rather than ‘getting.’ Well done Willow Class!
Please note Elm Class Worship has been rearranged for Friday 13th January.
Christmas Post Box
The Christmas post box is available for the children to post their cards to friends in School. Please make sure they write first and last names as well as the class name on the envelopes, thank you.
- Monday 5th December 1pm Carols for the community with Teamstar at All Saints Church
- Wednesday 7th December EYFS and Y1 Nativity – 9:15 am and 6pm.
- Thursday 8th December 1:30 and 6pm Elm and Oak perform It’ll be alright on a ‘Silent Night.’
- Friday 9th December 3:15pm PTA Christmas Fayre.
- 7.00pm Teamstar Concert with Boroughbridge Community Choir at Coronation Hall
Please could you donate new/good condition teddy bears to the PTA for their teddy tombola. There will also be a raffle so prizes would be very much appreciated. The Y6 will be having stalls so please do come along to support the children and the PTA.
One Y6 stall requires tombola prizes and the children would be grateful if you could send any contributions into the school office, thank you.
- Monday 12th December 1pm Chestnut and Elm Class Party
- Tuesday 13th December 9:00am Beech Class Party
- Wednesday 14th December 6pm Christingle at All Saints Church
- Thursday 15th December 1pm Oak and Willow Class Party
- Friday 16th December 8:25am Please join us for ‘Sing Up’ Christmas carols in the School hall.
Mrs V Farby