Welcome to the Year 3 & 4 (Oak Class) Page
Your teacher in Oak Cass is Mrs Cockerill
Our next Cornerstones project is ‘Off with her head’. This fantastic topic will cover the Tudor period. It is a history based topic which will include art/DT, geography, computing and science. We will look at how the Tudor dynasty was established, Henry VIII’s wives and Tudor life for the rich and poor.
In addition to our curriculum statements available under the ‘Our Learning’ tab, the documents below will give more information about the curriculum in Oak Class:
- Oak Class Newsletter September 2017 (.pdf)
- Oak Class Long Term Plan 2017 - 2018 (.pdf)
- Oak Class Timetable September 2017 (.pdf)
- White Rose Maths Curriculum Overview for Year 4 & 5, 2017 (.pdf)
- Mental Maths Targets Explained March 2017 (.pdf)
- School Trip to France 15th June 2018 - Year 4/5 and 6 (.pdf)
- Musical Theatre Club 11 - 18 December 2017 All School (.pdf)
PE days in Oak Class
Our PE days will be Wednesday and Friday. On Wednesdays, Mr Cairns will be teaching Oak Class PE and they will be learning how to play football this half term. Our other PE session will be swimming on a Friday until Christmas at Thirsk Swimming Pool. Children need appropriate kit in school for these sessions and long hair must be tied back for all sessions.
Homework in Oak Class
- Homework A homework task will be given out on a Friday to be returned by the following Tuesday.
- Times tables –There will also be times tables for the childrento learnas each week we will have a timed test to ensure that these are fluent to the children.
- Spelling –Children will learn a new spelling rule or list of common exception words each week, and will have the opportunity to practise and embed this at home.
- Reading–A sheet will be in the homework filesfor children to keep a record of the books they have read. Once they have read a book, children can fill in the details for that book on the sheet including how many words they have read in the book (don’t worry, they don’t have to count the words themselves!). We will keep a running total of the amount of words read by each child in class that they add to when they have read another book.
- Learning Projects–I will be giving out a list with ideas for different learning projects to tie in with our project ‘Potions’and children will be asked to choose one to complete for the half term.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.