What do School Governors do?
Our job is to help and support the Head Teacher in her decision-making and strategic planning for the school. She can discuss things with us and ask for our views. This is done through small committees and through full governors’ meetings that take place once a term.
School Governing Boards have four main roles
- To ensure a clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- To hold the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and performance of staff;
- To oversee the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent;
- To ensure decisions take into consideration the views and experiences of pupils, parents, staff and the wider community.
Our School Governing Body has a range of duties and powers
and a general responsibility for the conduct of the school. The Schools Governing Body responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- setting targets for pupil achievement
- managing the school’s finances
- making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based
- appointing staff
- reviewing staff performance and pay.
The Governing Body meets approximately 6 times a year.
Click here to read the Instrument of Government for our school.
Historic: (left within last 12 months)
|Date Stepped Down
Kirby Hill CE Primary School
Church Lane, Kirby Hill
Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01423 322713
- 2021 2022 Governor Attendance Kirby Hill
- 2022 23 Governor attendance Kirby Hill
- Governing Body Information 2023 2024 Kirby Hill v2
- Governors attendance at meetings 2020 2021
- Instrument of Government Kirby Hill C of E VC Primary School