Welcome to the Year 4 & 5 (Oak Class) page
Your teacher in Willow Class is Mrs Lindsay Sutcliffe
The children have settled into Oak class well after the summer break and have impressed me with their eagerness to learn. We have an exciting term ahead and have already finished our start of year assessments.
This term we will focus on the topic: Time Traveller. The topic encompasses time travel to the Victorian era. Links are made to the class novel Tom’s Midnight Garden, travel back in time to investigate life in the past in Boroughbridge and studies in art of William Morris.
- Oak Class Autumn Term Newsletter 2018 (.pdf)
- Oak Class Long Term Plan 2018 - 2019 (.pdf)
- Oak Class Timetable September 2018 (.pdf)
PE in Elm Class
Oak Class will continue to have PE on a Wednesday afternoon and will focus on Games. They will also have a PE session on a Friday with Mr Cairns.
Times tables will be sent out on a Friday, along with the spellings for the week, to be tested the following week. Children also have their reading records and will receive a raffle ticket and sticker if there is evidence that they have read to an adult four or more times in a week.
- Number bond and times table facts. We will have a timed test every week, as quick recall of key number facts helps the children to be fluent in their maths work. I would greatly appreciate your support helping your child to practise their relevant mental maths facts.
- Spellings. Every week the children will have a new spelling rule or list of Year 4 and 5 common exception words to learn and practise applying.
- Reading! Children should be reading regularly for their literary development and enjoyment. When you have heard your child read at home (either their school reading book or a book from home), please sign their reading record as I am looking out for keen bookworms who read four or more times per week. Please remind your child to bring their reading book and record into school every day.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.