Welcome to the Year 4/5 (Darwin Class) Page
Your teachers in this class are Mrs Cunningham and Mrs Hedar (on maternity leave)
Mrs Cunningham is supported each morning by Mrs Spencer.
Welcome to Darwin Class - Here you will find lots of useful information about the things that we are learning in class.
- Long Term Plan Darwin Class 2023-24(.pdf)
- Darwin Spring 2 Newsletter (.pdf)
- Y5 Spellings Spring 2 (.pdf)
- Y4 Spellings Spring 2 (.pdf)
- White Rose Maths Overview Year 4-5 (.pdf)
Darwin Class have P.E. on a Friday with Mr Cairns and on a Wednesday with Mr Vitali from Sporting Influence. Please make sure the children wear their PE kits to school on those days. Earrings will need to be taken out for PE, and long hair tied back.
The pupils will have a specialist teacher, Madame Heap, teach them French each week.
Mr Houghton teaches the children music every week.
We do not set formal written homework so that children have time to reinforce key skills at home.
We expect that children will:
- Read daily at home, individually and with an adult, and record in their reading diary.
- Practise the weekly spelling rule. This could be on Spelling Frame and /or with written practice.
- Practise their mental maths or areas of maths that need reinforcing (Sumdog is a great fun way to do this)
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.