Welcome to the Year 6 (Einstein Class) Page
Your teacher in Einstein Class is Mrs Garner
Mrs Garner is supported by Mrs Beeley.
- Einstein Class Long Term Plan 2021 -2022 (.pdf)
- White Rose Maths Curriculum Overview Year 6 (.pdf)
- Einstein Class autumn 1 newsletter (pdf)
- Year 6 spelling overview- autumn 1(.pdf))
- Click here to read year 6' letter from Julian Smith.
PE in Einstein Class
Einstein Class have P.E. on a Friday with Mr Cairns and on a Wednesday with Mr Loudon. Could children please come into school in their PE kits on these days, together with a warm layer and a waterproof jacket. Earrings will need to be taken out for PE for health and safety reasons..
We do not set written homework so that children have time to reinforce key skills at home.
We expect that children will:
- Read daily at home, individually and with an adult, and record in their reading diary.
- Practise the weekly spelling rule. This could be on Spelling Frame and /or with written practice.
- Practise their mental maths or areas of maths that need reinforcing (Sumdog is a great fun way to do this)..
- Useful websites for this include::
- MiniMaths is a great site to reinforce concepts in mathematics that the children have done.
- Sumdog is great for mental mathematics.
- Spelling frame enables the children to practise the spelling rules that they have worked on in class. The children’s log in details are stuck into their reading record.
- Myon allows children to listen to and read a range of books online.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.