Welcome to the Year 6 (Einstein Class) Page
Your teacher in Einstein Class is Mrs Garner
Mrs Garner is supported by Mrs Beeley.
- Einstein Class Long Term Plan 2023 -2024 (.pdf)
- White Rose Maths Curriculum Overview Year 6 (.pdf)
- Einstein Class spring 2 newsletter (pdf)
- Year 6 spelling overview- spring 2 (pdf)
Welcome to Einstein Class!
We have lots of exciting things to learn over the year and this class web page is a useful source of information about what we are learning and doing in year 6.
PE in Einstein Class
Einstein Class have P.E. on a Friday with Mr Cairns and gymnastics on a Wednesday with Sporting Influence. Could children please come into school in their PE kits on these days, together with a warm layer such as a fleece or hoody. Earrings will need to be taken out for PE for health and safety reasons.
We do not set formal written homework so that children have time to reinforce key skills at home.
We expect that children will:
- Read daily at home, individually and/or with an adult, and record in their reading diary.
- Practise the weekly spelling rule. This could be on Spelling Frame and /or with written practice.
- Practise their mental maths or areas of maths that need reinforcing (Sumdog is a great fun way to do this)..
- Useful websites for this include::
- MiniMaths is a great site to reinforce concepts in mathematics that the children have done.
- Sumdog is great for mental mathematics.
- Spelling frame enables the children to practise the spelling rules that they have worked on in class. The children’s log in details are stuck into their reading record.
Please visit the learning links section of this site for additional resources by subject.